Tuesday 8 August 2017

Done....kinda

The book is DONE!!!

well done in the sense that I don't think I can add any more to it, now we start a short editing phase, where I fix things that are wrong, or have become disconnected due to moving things around. 
Also some screen shots need retaking as pasting them into word resulted in a resolution reduction but as far as writing and content are concerned Im done.

If I am 100% honest, I wanted to do more, but where do you draw the line? Its probably going to be 850 pages when it hits the shelves,  I can't detail every single type of game.. I have literally cut, 300+ pages of game listings and stuff I was going to use,  and will post somewhere on my website when I clean it up. but the book needs to be readable, and 1250+ pages would be too much.

I start at hello world and by the end the reader should be able to create any 2D game they can dream up and be able to do a fully immersive 3D game and be capapbe of doing more if they get the foundations right.. I hope they get it.


Its been a long trek, and an interesting one, I discovered a lot about SBC's the Raspberry in particular, its such a fun  machine to code I just don't know why people are not pushing their games on it.n so much more satisfying to see your games take shape with your own efforts rather than an engine.

Maybe the book will make a small change there.


Normal updates on new machines and some game samples will now resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment