Tuesday 6 June 2017

Finally moving again

After all the hassle with the car model I was looking forward to moving ermm forward...sadly the car was only 1 of my issues, I also have terrible problems with my skybox, until I realized I was not following the actual advice I put in my book. The part where I said, "always indicate to the user when you have a failure to load data".........yup, I hadn't put the textures in the transfer list so they never got sent to the target for building, so they never got loaded and I didn't have an error notice in the code!!!


Even very old game coders can repeat very basic errors.

And it can suck up time in ways you just can't image. Anyway, the car and skybox are in place again, now to get the track running and activate the physics.


No comments:

Post a Comment